This no-cook cheesecake topped with seasonal fruit makes the perfect dessert for a summer picnic
or BBQ. Switch out the peaches for another soft fruit of your preference.
200 g digestive biscuits/graham crackers (or other hard, plain biscuits)
80 g butter, melted
200 g cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp icing sugar
200 g double cream,
2 large, ripe peaches
30 g icing sugar
1. To make the biscuit base, place biscuits in a plastic ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin or other heavy object. Alternatively, blend in a food processor. Place crumbs in a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
2. Press mixture into a loose-bottomed cake or pie tin (20–23 cm) and flatten with the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Beat cream cheese, vanilla essence and sugar together until smooth. Fold in whipped cream until well combined.
4. Spoon mixture onto the prepared biscuit base and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
5. Blend 1 peach with the icing sugar to make a purée. Slice the other peach thinly and arrange on top of cheesecake. Drizzle purée over the top, slide cheesecake out of tin and serve.
Top tips: For an extra-rich dessert, whip another 200 ml of cream and add to top of cheesecake before finishing with the peaches and purée.
By Life in Kansai